Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thoughts on the Samsung Nexus S...

        Samsung Nexus S. Still sounds weird saying it. It's not a smart idea (or fair) to judge this phone before it's release. However, there are many questions running through my head about this phone. Why no SD card support? Why no LED indicator? No dedicated camera button? Seriously?
        What really makes this phone the standard? I understand somewhat. 4" Super AMOLED curved display. 1GHZ Hummingbird processor and stock android 2.3 "gingerbread" pre-installed. But two of the three power specs have already been seen on previous handsets. I guess maybe we got spoiled with the original Nexus. I mean, the Nexus One raised the bar. There was no question as to whether the Nexus One was worth the hype.
         I have to be honest when I say that based on specs alone of the Nexus S, I am not overly excited. I want to be, but I'm not.
          A flagship device without expandable/removable storage? Sounds like i would have been better off with my 16gb Vibrant that allows me to expand memory. No LED indicator? I probably would be better off with my Mytouch 4G. No dedicated camera button? I'd be better off with almost any other Android previously released. I really thought the Nexus line was supposed to combine all the things we love in a smartphone and take it to the next level. So far, it looks like I was wrong.
        If Google thinks people are going to give up 4G speeds on T-Mobile (G2 and Mytouch 4G), LED indicator, removable storage and a camera shutter button just for an update that most newer phones are going to get anyways, then I think they are wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment